Walking Tour to discover Land's End in Cornwall England
Double / Single
£398 / £512
How does this work?
Start Any Day February to November
Description of Twin/Double
- Most accommodation in Britain is charged on a Per Person basis (rather than per room basis). The price you see here for this tour is the Price per Person.
- If you request a Twin Room there are two single beds (usually 3 feet wide) in the room.
- If you request a Double Room there is one bed in which two people usually sleep (usually 4 feet 6inches wide).
- Both the Double and the the Twin room are sometimes available for Single Occupancy (one person in the room), usually with a supplement to compensate the provider who would normally have received payment from two people.
- If the accommodation offers Single rooms (one bed of 3 feet wide), this will normally be priced higher than half of a double or twin room. Unless space is limited in the village or accommodation we usually avoid these as the rooms tend to be older and less space to move about.
A single centre, self-guided walking in England tour at Land's End, Cornwall. 3 nights bed and breakfast in en-suite accommodation, 2 days walking, maps, transfer from Penzance rail station and return and to from walks where required.
This Explore Britain walking tour in the South West peninsula of England is based on the coast near Lands End, Cornwall. Here is presented on its coast some of the finest cliff-scenery and walking in England, while the interior abounds in ancient monuments. In between the cliffs lie hidden sandy coves and tiny hamlets such as Zennor and Morvah, which seem to grow organically out of the rocky landscape. You end your Cornwall coast journey by crossing Whitesand Bay to pretty Sennen Cove and walking gently along the cliff top to Lands End itself. Here you can dream about doing the ultimate hike - Lands End to John o'Groats - you've already done some of it. Your final day spent walking in Cornwall is from Pendeen to St Just through a diverse landscape of industrial archaeology from the tin mining days to the incredible beauty of watching Atlantic waves re-shaping the coast of Cornwall.
We provide notes for two walking days, but if you have the use of a car, you could spend from dawn to dusk discovering many of Cornwall's ancient monuments "littered" through this landscape, as well as visiting St Ives and perhaps taking a boat or plane out to the nearby Scilly Isles.
Cornwall's mild climate ensures that this rural walking break can be done at any time of the year, while remaining not too hot for summer walking.
You stop in a country hotel perched on the cliffs on Cape Cornwall, where accommodation is available in twin, double or single rooms, all with private facilities.
Advantages of a Single Centre Tour (staying in one place).
- No need to unpack and pack your bags every day.
- You are not walking because you have to get to the next place that is booked for that day.
- If you feeling tired or not up-to walking - fine take the day off and enjoy where you are.
- You have more time to build up a talking relationship with the guesthouse owners or people staying at the accommodation.
- Handy if you would want to plan to meet up with somebody whilst visiting Britain.
- Normally you are allocated a better room than single-night stay customers.
START and FINISH: St Just-in-Penwith is about 8 miles north of Lands End in Cornwall.
DAY ONE: Arrival at St Just in Penwith. Transfer by taxi from Penzance station to St Just. Overnight at St Just, Cornwall, England.
DAY TWO: Walk from St Just to Lands End. 8 miles (13km) and 600 feet of ascent. Around Whitesand Bay and Sennen Cove you finish at Lands End, the most westerly point of England. You will telephone the guesthouse at St Just and they will arrange for you to be collected. Overnight at St Just, Cornwall, England.
DAY THREE: Walk from Pendeen to St Just. 9 miles (14km) and 900 feet of ascent. A taxi will take you to the northern coast of Cornwall, from which you will walk back to the hotel. Your walk today will pass some of the finest of Cornwall's archaeological sites associated with the tin industry. You will watch in amazement at the Atlantic breakers as they re-shape the coast of Cornwall. Overnight at St Just, Cornwall, England.
DAY FOUR: Departure. The tour finishes from St Just-in-Penwith after breakfast. You and your luggage will be transferred to Penzance rail station.
NOTE: it takes a full day to travel from London or Heathrow to Cornwall. If you are travelling from anywhere else it is best to overnight in London.
RAIL TRAVEL from LONDON to PENZANCE (NOT included in tour price): The nearest railway stations are London Paddington and Penzance served by frequent trains from London (Paddington). Presently a standard ticket is £145 per person. Presently there are discount tickets at £66 per person if booked 2 months in advance which wil include a seat reservatiion.
TRAVEL from PENZANCE to ST JUST-IN-PENWITH (included in tour price): We will book a taxi to collect your from the train at Penzance.
TRAVEL from ST JUST-IN-PENWITH to PENZANCE (included in tour price): We will arrange for a taqxi to collect you after breakfast and take you to Penzance rail station.
RETURN from PENZANCE to LONDON (NOT included in tour price): Penzance and London Paddington are the nearest rail stations. Presently a standard ticket is £145 per person. Presently there are discount tickets at £66 per person if booked 2 months in advance which wil include a seat reservatiion.
Tour Start Location
If you want to book this walking tour, or chat about an altered schedule, please get in touch.Enquire now »
Why book with us?
- We've got 30+ years of walking tour experience
- Only the very best handpicked tours at competitive prices
- We work with you to create the perfect holiday. Just ask!
If you can't see exactly what you want and we are unable to adjust our tour shown here - Google may be able to help !
Tours to suit
If you want to book this walking tour, or chat about an altered schedule, please use the 'Enquire Now' tab above or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Discount rail tickets to and from Penzance.
GRADE D: Between 8 - 11 miles (13 - 18 kms) a day (the occasional day may be shorter or longer than these depending on location of suitable accommodation). Light Waterproof walking boots are desirable. A strong waterproof Jacket and overtrousers are recommended to protect you from rain and cold winds. No more than 1000 feet ascent and/or descent a day. Footpaths through farmland. You will start walking about 9:30am and finish at approx. 4pm.
These grades are for guidance only. For any grade, depending on weather conditions, it may at times be damp underfoot, so waterproof boots are preferable.