Circular Walks in the Cotswalds based at Chipping Campden
Double / Single
£369 / £539
How does this work?
Start Any Day February to November
Description of Twin/Double
- Most accommodation in Britain is charged on a Per Person basis (rather than per room basis). The price you see here for this tour is the Price per Person.
- If you request a Twin Room there are two single beds (usually 3 feet wide) in the room.
- If you request a Double Room there is one bed in which two people usually sleep (usually 4 feet 6inches wide).
- Both the Double and the the Twin room are sometimes available for Single Occupancy (one person in the room), usually with a supplement to compensate the provider who would normally have received payment from two people.
- If the accommodation offers Single rooms (one bed of 3 feet wide), this will normally be priced higher than half of a double or twin room. Unless space is limited in the village or accommodation we usually avoid these as the rooms tend to be older and less space to move about.
Latest Covid-19 (Coronavirus) restictions affecting bookings: http://www.explorebritain.com/coronavirus-worldwide-outbreak/b49
A single centre, self-guided walking tour in the cotswalds at Chipping Campden in Gloucestershire, England. Discover two circular walks from the town based at the start of Cotswald Way. Rail travel from London, taxi collection and return from nearest rail station, 3 nights en-suite hotel bed and breakfast accommodation, 2 days walking, walking notes, guide book and map.
The Cotswald Way is a 104 mile long recreational path stretching from Chipping Campden in the north of Gloucestershire to Bath. The path follows rights of way along the Cotswald escarpment, providing glorious views, seemingly at almost every step of the route. It also passes through picturesque Cotswald villages, such as Broadway and Painswick. Chipping Campden makes it an excellent choice for the discerning walker who enjoys relaxing a while, away from the troubles of every day life. We offer two circular walks based from the town.
You will make use of the notes we will provide you with and we arrange your en-suite hotel accommodation on a B&B basis. You will stay for 3 nights at the selected guesthouse accommodation (with private facilities) in the centre of Chipping Campden giving you two full days of walking. Just let us know the date you would like to arrive.
Advantages of a Single Centre Tour (staying in one place).
- No need to unpack and pack your bags every day.
- You are not walking because you have to get to the next place that is booked for that day.
- If you feeling tired or not up-to walking - fine take the day off and enjoy where you are.
- You have more time to build up a talking relationship with the guesthouse owners or people staying at the accommodation.
- Handy if you would want to plan to meet up with somebody whilst visiting Britain.
- Normally you are allocated a better room than single-night stay customers.
START and FINISH: Chipping Campden is about 10 miles south of Stratford-upon-Avon.
Are you staying in a City before or after your tour and looking for Accommodation.
DAY ONE: Travel from London to arrive at Chipping Campden. Catch the direct train to Moreton-in-Marsh. The taxi will meet you and take you to the accommodation in Chipping Campden. You can arrive at the accommodation anytime after 3pm. Dinner is usually served in hotels and pubs between 7pm - 9pm (not included in tour price). Overnight at Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, England.
DAY TWO: Walking from Chipping Campden to Broad Campden. 6 miles (9km) and 500 feet ascent. A figure of eight walk visiting Broad Campden and Dovers Hill with Chipping Campden at his central point. Dinner can be taken at any of the local inns or restaurants (not included in tour price). Overnight at Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, England.
DAY THREE: Walking from Chipping Campden to Broadway. 10 miles (16km) and 1,175 feet ascent. On this day you take "The Mile Drive" and head up to the Broadway Tower and then down to the pretty stone village of Broadway. From here you return much the same way. Dinner can be taken in the village inn (not included in tour price). Overnight at Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, England.
DAY FOUR: Departure from Chipping Campden back to London. The tour finishes after breakfast with taxi transfer to Moreton-in-Marsh to catch the train back to London.
RAIL TRAVEL from LONDON to MORETON-IN-MARSH (included in tour price): Moreton-in-Marsh is the nearest rail station. Trains run every hour from London (Paddington) to Moreton-in-Marsh. Presently the 14:10pm from London arrives Moreton-in-Marsh at 16:12pm.
TAXI TRANSFER from CHIPPING CAMPDEN to MORETON-IN-MARSH (included in tour price): At the end of the tour the taxi will collect you and your luggage after breakfast and take you back to the rail station.
RAIL TRAVEL from MORETON-IN-MARSH to LONDON (included in tour price): Moreton-in-Marsh and London Paddington are the nearest rail stations. Trains run every hour. Presently the 10:10 from Moreton-in-Marsh arrives London Paddinton at 12:12.
Tour Start Location
If you want to book this walking tour, or chat about an altered schedule, please get in touch.Enquire now »
Why book with us?
- We've got 30+ years of walking tour experience
- Only the very best handpicked tours at competitive prices
- We work with you to create the perfect holiday. Just ask!
If you can't see exactly what you want and we are unable to adjust our tour shown here - Google may be able to help !
Tours to suit
If you want to book this walking tour, or chat about an altered schedule, please use the 'Enquire Now' tab above or contact us on email@example.com
GRADE D: Between 6 - 9 miles (10 - 14kms) a day (the occasional day may be shorter or longer than these depending on location of suitable accommodation). Light Waterproof walking boots are desirable. A strong waterproof Jacket and overtrousers are recommended to protect you from rain and cold winds. No more than 1000 feet ascent and/or descent a day. Footpaths through farmland. You will start walking about 9:30am and finish at approx. 4pm.
On this tour there are some "short-cuts" to avoid the steepest of the hills (Dover's Hill and Broadway Tower) which would lower the grade to E.
These grades are for guidance only. For any grade, depending on weather conditions, it may at times be damp underfoot, so waterproof boots are preferable.